Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Is God Unfair!

All of us want Plan A, where life is good. For our family, life has been about how we handle Plan B. We lost our daughter Michelle, age 3, to cancer in 1977. I thought I'd never laugh again. I believed God let me down or was dead. I lost my faith. GOD PROVED OTHERWISE!

When we almost lost our son Michael, age 17, in a horrendous three-wheeler accident in 1987, I almost quit seminary, thinking I couldn't take any more. GOD PROVED OTHERWISE!

Our daughter Leah, age 22, was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 2002 right before entering Medical School. She survived chemo and a bone marrow transplant. But complications with rejection of her brother's stem cells made her life touch-and-go for 9 years. The doctors really didn't feel life would get much better. GOD PROVED OTHERWISE!

When my husband Lavern was diagnosed with Mantle Cell lymphoma in 2004, his life expectancy was 18 months. GOD PROVED OTHERWISE. God gave us seven years! When Lavern was at his worst, God was at His best. In 2011 the U of MN found a different anti-rejection drug for Leah that has been miraculously successful. GOD PROVED OTHERWISE!

Many lives are devastated by cancer, death, and other tragedies. I have a passion to help inspire others to discover or reaffirm faith. God is real! God can be trusted! God is present! God is enough!






No comments:

Post a Comment