Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Helpful Hints For Travelling To MD Anderson In Houston

Help hints from Linda over at ME Strong

Untitled

I recently wrote the following information to share with others who are on their way to Houston for consultations. The opinions listed below are my opinions and not those of MD Anderson's.

Hearing a diagnosis of cancer for yourself or a loved one is stressful. Figuring out logistics regarding travel to a different city that you are going to for treatment or a second opinion doesn’t need to add stress to an already difficult situation.

I live in Florida but participated in a clinical trial at MDA in Houston for my recurrence with cervical cancer. The clinical trial that I participated in increased my odds of survival by 15-25%. Considering my odds were 15% with traditional chemo, I was grateful to have found the trial. Since my first visit to MDA in August, 2011 I have travelled from my home in Florida for 8 rounds of chemo and many follow up appointments. I have found an equation that eases the stress for me and want to share my experience.

Read the entire article here...



No comments:

Post a Comment