Monday, December 9, 2013

Inspiration: "I try to enjoy everything I can, when I can"

An article from Cancerwise about overcoming:

Mai12.9.jpg

"Cancer has taught me to take a breath and deal with what I've been given. It's taught me that faith and a positive attitude are huge, not only in getting though cancer, but also in life," she says. "Life is difficult. But life is worth every difficulty."
On the fifth anniversary of the day she entered remission, Mai Salem was told her pancreatic cancer had returned.

At first, Mai was devastated. For five years, Mai had provided hope for other pancreatic cancer patients as a volunteer for the Anderson Network, a support group that pairs new patients with survivors who share their same cancer diagnosis. But after her recurrence, she wasn't so sure she could still be a voice of hope.

Over time, though, Mai has come to realize that despite her pancreatic cancer recurrence, the way she continues to live her life remains an inspiration to her fellow patients.   "I enjoy life to the maximum," she says. "That's what I do. I try to enjoy everything I can, when I can."

Read the entire article here...

No comments:

Post a Comment